I was drinking and could not stop

I was drinking and could not stop. I felt miserable and in an abusive relationship. I could not leave because I was afraid and in too deep into that lifestyle. I looked into the mirror and saw death in my eyes. I wanted to end my life. I went to the park and I cried and cried. Actually I was yelling like a crazy lady. I started to pray, on my knees at the park praying and asking Him for help. I was not calm, and not a pretty sight to see. I said "God help me". I said some other things I am not sure exactly what I said. I was so tired of being me and was to the point I would do whatever I had to do to stop drinking. I had to let go and let God take over and help me. A couple days after that I returned that same park and saw a homeless lady walking with a dog, a man and a cart. I was sitting under a tree. I had never seen her before. I was crying; she walked up to me and aid; "What is wrong"? You look too young and too pretty to look so sad".
I said nothing, she smelled of beer and was very dirty. I didn't know what was going on, I just cried. She told me that she was staying at the park in a trailer for 3 days and if I needed a place to stay I could join her. She also told me about herself. She was abused for 15 years She showed me the metal screws and pins in her legs and arms Scars from being beaten and choked. She had no idea I was in an abusive relationship. This lady had no teeth. She told me her story and all I could do was cry. I grabbed her, hugged her and sobbed. I never liked to hug people or look into peoples eyes, but I did with this lady. I cried and cried and held on to her. I said thank you. I never did tell her I was being abused. I told her "I am O.K.". She said, "Well if you need me come back here tomorrow". The next day came I didn't go back to the park. Instead I moved into a women's' sober living home. I stayed there for 5 months, got sober and found a job. I am sober to this day. I believe God sent her to me that day in the park. I believe that this homeless lady is my Angel. I truly believe God sent her to help me. I do not know where that lady is today As she was walked off that day in the park I watched her. I did not see her turn or anything. She just disappeared. I am so grateful for that lady. I return back to that park every once in awhile to see if my Angel is in the park. I go wishing I could see her again to hug her and thank her for saving my life. I have been sober ever since, and to this day I believe that God worked through her to get to me. I believe she is my mirror image. I believe that if I drink and go back to my old lifestyle I will be that homeless lady I met at the park. I feel God uses all different kinds of people to help His children.

0 comments:

Strength and Serenity Headline Animator

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author